As an ICT employee at the UZ Brussel, you will be incorporated into a dynamic team that considers innovation to be of paramount importance. Each and every day, 70 enthusiastic ICT employees work on new solutions to support our employees, as well as our patients and their families, with as high-performance ICT applications as possible. After all, ICT is indispensable in the daily operation of a modern hospital like the UZ Brussel.
We work with the latest technologies (expert systems, workflow mechanisms, multi-tier architectures, mobile applications, virtualisation, telematics, etc.) and our relationship with the Free University of Brussels enables us to participate in innovative research projects on a regular basis.
Do you want to be part of this enthusiastic team that is responsible for application management, for the development of a modern infrastructure and for supporting end users? Do you want to contribute to better medical and administrative processes in a leading hospital, thereby making a difference for our employees and – more importantly – our patients? Then this job is something for you!
Are you interested in our technical environment?
- Our technical environment is varied, but strongly based on market standards:
- OO design and Java programming (J2EE) are the basis.
What does the position entail?
- You are part of the infrastructure group, which consists of the following subsets:
- System Engineers
- Database Administrators
- Network Administrators
- Service Desk
- You are responsible for the management, maintenance and further development of the server and storage farm with Windows servers, Linux/Solaris servers and NetApp & Oracle data storage equipment.
- You are part of the ‘think tank’ of the ICT department of the UZ Brussel, which determines the hardware and software resources, develops security and strategy, and monitors the operational functioning.
- You maintain the necessary contacts with external partners (Oracle, NetApp, VMware, Microsoft, etc.)
- You help support the ICT service desk by delivering procedures and, as the 3rd level, you are the last link in the support chain so you provide the necessary follow-up until the desired outcome is achieved, possibly via our external partners.
- You participate in an on-call system within the team of system engineers and are present at ‘production interrupting’ activities (upgrades, patches, redundancy tests for our two data centres, etc.)
Which colleague are we looking for?
- You have an ICT-related Master or Bachelor diploma;
- You speak and write English fluently and also have good knowledge of Dutch.
- You have a thorough knowledge of several of the domains below:
- Linux (RedHat, etc.)
- Windows Server 2012R2 and 2016
- Windows applications:
- Active Directory
- MS Exchange
- MS RDS
- VMware ESX and VMware Horizon View
- Solaris 10 and 11 (LDOMs and zones)
- Storage systems, knowledge of NetApp with Custered OnTap (cDot and MetroCluster) are an advantage.
- Scripting and programming languages like PowerShell, Python, PHP, Korn Shell, Bash Shell, C, C++ or Java (J2EE)
- You are open to the latest technologies and are always willing to increase your knowledge through courses, seminars, self-tuition, etc.
- You like to work independently and are immune to stress
What can we offer you?
- A permanent, full-time (38 hours) contract.
- Fringe benefits:
- Supplementary pension fund;
- Hospital insurance, including compensation in outpatient care at the UZ Brussel;
- Guaranteed income insurance;
- Compensation of travel costs:
- Full repayment of public transport costs
- Bike allowance
- Kilometre allowance for cars
- Reduced rates in the company restaurant;
- Access to the car park at the hospital and remote car parks at exit 9 (Jette) and the research park in Zellik;
- Ekivita card (more info: www.ekivita.eu/uzbrussel);
- 27 days of paid holiday;
- Attractiveness and end-of-year bonus;
- You are in an application area with lots of variation and the latest technologies;
- You receive substantively varied challenges, and you work independently in a great team;
- You work in a challenging hospital organisation where you have space for personal development and evolution;
UZ Brussel works in partnership with the VUB and Erasmus University College Brussels to form the Brussels Health Campus. This campus, located between junction 9 of the Brussels Ring Road and Bois du Laerbeek, accommodates a childcare facility (complying with the system of the government agency Kind & Gezin), childcare in the holidays, a primary school, and a fitness centre.
- Apply online using the apply button.
- If you have questions, please phone us on 02 801 24 27 (HR) or on 02 477 69 69 (Eric Pattyn - Manager System Administration)