The Brussels Interuniversity Genomics High Throughput core (BRIGHTcore, the VUB-ULB genomics platform), in collaboration with the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) and UZ Brussel, including its molecular platform AMPLiUZ and the Center for Medical Genetics (CMG) aims for excellence in genomics research and diagnostics. To expand its expertise BRIGHTcore is looking for a (Bioinformatics) DevOps Engineer. We offer an interesting position in health care that connects computing and medicine.
You will work within a dynamic multidisciplinary team of BRIGHTcore/CMG bioinformaticians and application specialists to support the researchers of the VUB and UZ Brussel responsible for genetic translational and fundamental research and diagnostics.
Are you interested in our technical environment?
- As DevOps Engineer, you will work collaboratively with the bioinformatics team and interface with the hospital's IT department to develop, deploy and operate the systems and also help with automating and streamlining the operations and processes.
- You will build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development -, test - and production environments.
How can you make a difference?
- You plan and develop future applications
- You maintain and expand existing web applications
- You support the production environment and operations
- You assist with maintaining standards and identifying of best practices
- You recommend technical solutions and design options for the new pipelines
- You facilitate and support the entire software development life cycle
Which colleague are we looking for?
- You have an ICT-related Master diploma or a Bachelor diploma with additional relevant experience
- You have some experience or a strong interest in healthcare
- You have experience working with and designing relational databases (SQL servers, MYSQL)
- You are an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, additional knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
What do we offer?
- A permanent, full-time (38 hours) contract.
- Fringe benefits:
- Supplementary pension fund;
- Hospital insurance, including compensation in outpatient care at the UZ Brussel;
- Guaranteed income insurance;
- Compensation of travel costs:
- Full repayment of public transport costs
- Bike allowance
- Kilometre allowance for cars
- Access to the car park at the hospital and remote car parks at exit 9 (Jette) and the research park in Zellik;
- Bike lease at interesting conditions
- Access to 'Benefits at work' for discounts;
- Reduced rates in the company restaurant;
- 27 days of paid holiday;
- Attractiveness and end-of-year bonus;
- You are in an application area with lots of variation and the latest technologies;
- You receive substantively varied challenges, and you work independently in a great team;
- You work in a challenging hospital organisation where you have space for personal development and evolution;
UZ Brussel works in partnership with the VUB and Erasmus University College Brussels to form the Brussels Health Campus. This campus, located between junction 9 of the Brussels Ring Road and Bois du Laerbeek, accommodates a childcare facility (complying with the system of the government agency Kind & Gezin), childcare in the holidays, a primary school, and a fitness centre.
- Apply online using the link below.
- If you have questions, please phone us on 02 801 24 27