Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel, attached to the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, is a university hospital located on the Brussels Health Campus in Jette, together with the Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy. With more than 700 beds and almost 4000 staff, this hospital occupies an important position in the healthcare sector.
The Centre for Medical Genetics of Brussels University Hospital is one of the 8 recognised Centres for Human Genetics in Belgium. This Centre organises genetic counselling, performs genome diagnostics and carries out scientific research. The Centre for Medical Genetics has developed specific expertise in reproductive genetics and pre-implantation genetic diagnostics and plays a leading role in these fields worldwide.
- You make genetic diagnoses and do counselling in the Medical Genetics Centre and in various multidisciplinary consultations
- You consult with and give advice to various other specialists
- You consult with scientists of the diagnostic laboratories, you become proficient and actively participate in genome diagnostics
- You are a clinical geneticist
- Experience with medical genetic laboratory techniques is an advantage
- You have an interest in scientific research and have a number of scientific publications in peer reviewed journals
- You have good didactic qualities and communication skills
- You are able to organise your work well and you are flexible towards your direct colleagues
- You are orally and written fluent in three languages (Dutch, French, English) or are willing to acquire further proficiency in this
- This concerns a full-time job for an initial period of 1 year from September 2021.
- A full resident mandate provides for 2 years of appointment, renewable after positive evaluation.
- We offer a remuneration in accordance with this responsible function
- We provide an extensive package of extra-legal benefits, including a guaranteed income, death insurance, hospitalisation insurance, your own nursery, childcare during the school holidays, assistance with meals, etc.
Interested persons can submit their written application with an extended CV to the head of the Department, Prof. dr. F.J. Hes, email@example.com