At the UZ Brussel ICT department, you will be part of a dynamic team that attaches great importance to innovation. Every day, 95 enthusiastic ICT employees work on new solutions to support our employees - but also our patients and their families - with the best possible ICT applications. After all, it is impossible to imagine a modern hospital like UZ Brussel without ICT in its daily operations.
We work with the latest technologies (expert systems, workflow mechanisms, multi-tier architectures, mobile applications, virtualisation, telematics, etc.) and through our relationship with the VUB, we regularly participate in innovative research projects.
A fully-fledged Electronic Patient Dossier (EPD) is indispensable in a hospital. Primuz is the EPD system developed in UZ Brussel, and through a partner cooperation agreement, Primuz is also used in numerous other hospitals in Belgium.
What does the job entail?
We are looking for a colleague who is keen to get stuck in to our operational challenges, maintaining the systems, developing new technologies, etc. And all this while being secure-, but also service-minded and thinking in terms of care and patients.
Do you recognise yourself in the description below?
- You have a master or bachelor degree or equivalent through experience.
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch or English
You have a good knowledge of:
- Operating systems (Windows Server 2016-2022)
- Microsoft Office 365 (Teams/SharePoint/Exchange Online)
- Microsoft Active Directory, Azure AD & MFA (MS Azure experience is a +)
- Virtualisation (VMware vSphere)
- Storage concepts (NetApp or Dell Isilon are a +)
- Scripting (Powershell)
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, Ethernet, Switching & Routing)
Furthermore, it is a must that you are eager to learn and open to new technologies. A good dose of stress resistance and team spirit are also important.
A hospital is active 24/7, so you will participate in the on-call system (1 week out of 5)
What can we offer you?
- A full-time contract (38h) of indefinite duration;
- Covid or not, you get the opportunity to work from home (up to 4 days/week);
- Extralegal benefits:
- Supplementary pension fund;
- Hospitalisation insurance, including a contribution to ambulatory care in the UZ Brussel;
- Guaranteed income insurance;
- Allowance for travel expenses:
- Full reimbursement for public transport
- Bicycle allowance
- Mileage allowance for cars
- Possibility of bicycle leasing for commuter traffic
- Reduced prices in the company restaurant;
- Access to parking at the hospital and distance parking at exit 9 (Jette) and the research park in Zellik
- Access to ‘Benifts at Work’-advantages
- 27 days of paid holiday (following Belgian holiday system in the private sector);
- Attractiveness and end-of-year bonus;
- You are in an application area with lots of variation and the latest technologies;
- You receive substantively varied challenges, and you work independently in a great team;
- You work in a challenging hospital organisation where you have space for personal development and evolution;
UZ Brussel works in partnership with the VUB and Erasmus University College Brussels to form the Brussels Health Campus. This campus, located between junction 9 of the Brussels Ring Road and Bois du Laerbeek, accommodates a childcare facility (complying with the system of the government agency Kind & Gezin), childcare in the holidays, a primary school, and a fitness centre.
- Apply online using the apply button.
- If you have questions, please phone us on 02 801 24 27