The department of paediatric gastroenterology includes clinical, scientific and teaching activity. Our department covers a wide range of GI pathologies: IBD, eosinophilic gastrointestinal problems, diagnostic and interventional endoscopy, breath testing, pH/impedancemetry, manometry, cystic fibrosis, a nutrition clinic, motility problems and intestinal failure. The service is supported by study nurses, gastro-nurses and has a separate day unit. There is also an extensive tradition of scientific research.
- You will participate in the clinical, scientific and teaching activities of the service.
- You will be jointly responsible for the smooth operation and organization of the service and for clinical development.
- You will contribute to the training of students and trainees.
- You will participate in clinical scientific research.
- You are a certified physician specialist in paediatrics.
- The ideal candidate has at least 2 years experience in paediatric gastroenterology since completing a fellowship and a background in motility; candidates with less experience will also be considered
- You are interested in an academic career.
- This is a full-time position
- A stimulating position with many opportunities for growth and development in a high-tech, humane and child-friendly working environment;
- We offer salary in line with responsibilities and experience.
- Extra-legal benefits:
- Supplementary pension fund
- Hospitalisation insurance, including allowance for outpatient care at UZ Brussel
- Insurance guaranteed income
- Intervention in transport expenses:
- Full reimbursement of public transport
- Bicycle allowance
- Mileage allowance for cars
- Possibility of bicycle lease for commuter traffic
- Reduced tariffs in the company restaurant
- Access to parking at the hospital
- Access to 'Benefits at Work' staff discounts
- 27 holidays (for a full-time position)
- End-of-year bonus
The UZ Brussel forms the Brussels Health Campus together with the Vrije Universiteit Brussel and Erasmushogeschool Brussel. This campus, located between exit 9 of the Brussels ring road and the Laarbeek forest, also includes a daycare, childcare during the holidays, a primary school and a fitness centre.
Apply online at www.uzbrusselwerkt.be
If you have any questions, please contact Prof Dr Inge Gies on +32 2 477 57 94 or firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Prof Dr Koen Huysentruyt at email@example.com