The ICT department of the UZ Brussel works with the latest technologies (expert systems, workflow mechanisms, multi-tier architectures, mobile applications, telematics, etc.) and our relationship with the Free University of Brussels enables us to participate in innovative research projects on a regular basis.
Do you want to be part of this enthusiastic team that is responsible for application development and management, for the development of a modern infrastructure and for supporting end users? Do you want to contribute to better medical and administrative processes in a leading hospital, thereby making a difference for our employees and – more importantly – our patients? Then this job is something for you!
Are you interested in our technical environment?
- As a Java Software Engineer, you will work in a large team on the further development of Primuz, the Electronic Patients Record of the UZ Brussel.
- This EPR is used by every healthcare provider (doctor, nurse, supportive staff) in the hospital to register and consult the medical and administrative details of patients. It has become an integral and indispensable element in the patient care process.
- Our technical environment is varied, but strongly based on market standards: OO design, Design Patterns and Java programming are the basis. Primuz is made up of a multi-tier Java application with a Swing desktop client and a JEE application server.
- The development team follows the principles of Agile development to offer new functionalities within Primuz in a continuous manner.
How can you make a difference?
- You analyse the needs of the users
- You develop high-quality Java code
- You help with the implementation of new functionalities and interfacing with external packages
- You test the generated code and document this process.
- You pass on knowledge to colleagues and final users.
- You are responsible for the continuous follow-up and management of the developed software
Which colleague are we looking for?
- You have an ICT-related Master or Bachelor diploma, preferably combined with some experience in a similar position.
- You have at least three years of experience with Java development;
- You are familiar with J2EE, Hibernate, Java Swing and/or Vaadin
- Intellij, Maven and Hudson sound familiar.
- You are also familiar with databases, data models and SQL.
- Prior knowledge of the medical sector is an advantage but is not required.
- You are willing to accept responsibility (within a team) for the tasks and projects that you were entrusted with.
- You speak and write English fluently and also have good knowledge of Dutch.
What can we offer you?
- A permanent, full-time (38 hours) contract.
- Fringe benefits:
- Supplementary pension fund;
- Hospital insurance, including compensation in outpatient care at the UZ Brussel;
- Guaranteed income insurance;
- Compensation of travel costs:
- Full repayment of public transport costs
- Bike allowance
- Kilometre allowance for cars
- Reduced rates in the company restaurant;
- Access to the car park at the hospital and remote car parks at exit 9 (Jette) and the research park in Zellik;
- Ekivita card (more info: www.ekivita.eu/uzbrussel);
- 27 days of paid holiday;
- Attractiveness and end-of-year bonus;
- You are in an application area with lots of variation and the latest technologies;
- You receive substantively varied challenges, and you work independently in a great team;
- You work in a challenging hospital organisation where you have space for personal development and evolution;
UZ Brussel works in partnership with the VUB and Erasmus University College Brussels to form the Brussels Health Campus. This campus, located between junction 9 of the Brussels Ring Road and Bois du Laerbeek, accommodates a childcare facility (complying with the system of the government agency Kind & Gezin), childcare in the holidays, a primary school, and a fitness centre.
- Apply online using the apply button.
- If you have questions, please phone us on 02 801 24 27