Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel, part of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, is a university hospital located in the Brussels Health Campus in Jette, together with the Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy. With more than 720 beds and 3700 employees, this hospital occupies an important position in the healthcare sector in Belgium.
Within the Center for Reproductive Medicine (CRG) of UZ Brussel, the laboratory for Medically Assisted Reproduction (MAR) is a specialised laboratory with ISO 15189 accreditation, where human gametes are treated in order to solve infertility problems. The MAR laboratory has a job offer for a Medical Laboratory Technologist.
- Analysis and processing of human gametes in preparation for medically assisted reproduction, for example:
- analysis of semen samples:
- processing of semen samples for MAR;
- collection of sperm cells from testicular biopsies;
- collection of oocytes from follicular fluid;
- Bringing together human gametes for the purpose of fertilization and embryo development;
- Microscopy and micromanipulation (micro-injection ICSI, embryo biopsy);
- Vitrification/freezing of gametes and embryos;
- Participation in sperm bank management;
- Logistic and administrative support;
- Support of the quality management system;
- You have a bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Technology that is recognized in Belgium. (Click here for more information)
- You are handy and you can work sterile;
- You are a good team player, but you can also work independently;
- You have a service-oriented, customer-friendly and creative attitude;
- You are stress-resistant and flexible during the execution of services;
- You have knowledge of French and English, and preferably also Dutch;
- You are willing to work according to a variable working schedule, including weekends;
- A permanent, full-time (38 hours) contract.
- Fringe benefits:
- Supplementary pension fund;
- Hospital insurance, including compensation in outpatient care at the UZ Brussel;
- Guaranteed income insurance;
- Compensation of travel costs:
- Full repayment of public transport costs
- Bike allowance
- Kilometre allowance for cars
- Reduced rates in the company restaurant;
- Access to the car park at the hospital and remote car parks at exit 9 (Jette) and the research park in Zellik;
- Ekivita card (more info: www.ekivita.eu/uzbrussel);
- 27 days of paid holiday;
- Attractiveness and end-of-year bonus;
- You are in an application area with lots of variation and the latest technologies;
- You receive substantively varied challenges, and you work independently in a great team;
- You work in a challenging hospital organisation where you have space for personal development and evolution;
UZ Brussel works in partnership with the VUB and Erasmus University College Brussels to form the Brussels Health Campus. This campus, located between junction 9 of the Brussels Ring Road and Bois du Laerbeek, accommodates a childcare facility (complying with the system of the government agency Kind & Gezin), childcare in the holidays, a primary school, and a fitness centre.
Apply online by clicking the 'Solliciteer voor deze vacature'-link below.
If you have questions, please phone us on 02 801 24 26