The Centre for Reproductive Medicine of UZ Brussel has an opening for a full-time senior reproductive embryologist with excellent management skills to provide guidance and support for our dedicated team of reproductive embryologists.
The Centre for Reproductive Medicine of UZ Brussel (Belgium), established in 1983, is one of the largest IVF centers in Europe, performing over 8000 medically assisted reproduction treatments per year. The University-hospital based IVF unit, renowned for the introduction of the ICSI technique, is a reference center in patient care, training and research. Considering quality as a top priority, the center complies with ISO 15224:2017 for its clinical activities and with ISO 15189:2012 (141MED) for its laboratory activities.
- Together with our management team you are responsible for guidance and support for the ART laboratory embryologists, the quality manager and the senior lab technician.
- Together with the management team you define the strategy and policy of the CRG and implement it within the ART laboratory, both in terms of laboratory clinical care and scientific and educational activities.
- Through your knowledge and experience, you contribute to a stimulating environment for scientific research, ensure the further development of the academic level and the introduction of new, innovative technologies in the laboratory.
- You bear ultimate responsibility for the quality system within the MAR laboratory.
- You are responsible for the continuous training of the laboratory staff.
- You actively contribute to the national and international network of the CRG.
- You are a member of the management team and the CRG steering committee.
- You report to the clinical head of the CRG.
You are a a clinical scientist working in embryology, holder of a Master degree in (Bio)Medical Sciences, Bioengineering or equivalent. You preferably also have a PhD degree. The ESHRE certificate for (senior) clinical embryologist is an asset.
- You are proficient with all basic andrology and embryology procedures including running endocrine assays, cryopreservation, assessment and preparation of semen for IUI and IVF, oocyte retrieval, ICSI, assisted hatching, embryo transfer, and embryo and oocyte vitrification, and trophectoderm biopsy.
- You are an active researcher with a proven track record.
- You show efficient organizational skills, and good leadership and management qualities.
- You are a strong people manager.
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch, French and English, or are willing to acquire these skills.
What can we offer you?
- A permanent, full-time (38 hours) contract.
- Fringe benefits:
- Supplementary pension fund;
- Hospital insurance, including compensation in outpatient care at the UZ Brussel;
- Guaranteed income insurance;
- Compensation of commuting costs:
- Full repayment of public transport costs
- Bike allowance
- Possibility to lease a bike for commuting
- Kilometre allowance for cars
- Reduced rates in the company restaurant;
- Access to the car park at the hospital and remote car parks at exit 9 (Jette) and the research park in Zellik;
- Access to ‘Benifts at Work’-advantages
- 27 days of paid holiday;
- Attractiveness and end-of-year bonus;
- You are in an application area with lots of variation and the latest technologies;
- You receive substantively varied challenges, and you work independently in a great team;
- You work in a challenging hospital organisation where you have space for personal development and evolution;
UZ Brussel works in partnership with the VUB and Erasmus University College Brussels to form the Brussels Health Campus. This campus, located between junction 9 of the Brussels Ring Road and Bois du Laerbeek, accommodates a childcare facility (complying with the system of the government agency Kind & Gezin), childcare in the holidays, a primary school, and a fitness centre.
Are you interested?
- If you have any questions, please contact +32 2 801 24 27.
- Hospital address: UZ Brussel, Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Laarbeeklaan 101, B-1090 Brussels, Belgium
- Website Centre for Reproductive Medicine: http://www.brusselsivf.be/
- Click on the link below to apply for this position.