The Department of Abdominal Surgery at UZ Brussel offers a 1-year fellowship in Colorectal Surgery.
We offer specialized training within the different fields of coloproctology:
- Pelvic floor and proctology
- IBD and diverticular diseases
- Robotic colorectal surgery
- Participation in clinical research
- You are licensed to practice medicine in Belgium and a certified general surgeon.
- You have an interest in clinically applied research.
- You are empathetic, sociable, stress resistant, enjoy working in a team and are able to supervise others.
- You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and can also express yourself fluently in French and English.
- You have a specific interest in colorectal surgery.
- Supplementary pension fund;
- Hospitalization insurance, including allowance for outpatient care at UZ Brussel;
- Insurance guaranteed income;
- Intervention in transportation expenses.
- Liability insurance
- 27 vacation days (including legal vacation days)
- Reduced rates in the hospital restaurant;
- Free access to the parking lot at the hospital and the distance parking lots at exit 9 (Jette) and the research park in Zellik;
- Access to "Benefits at Work" employee discounts;
- The UZ Brussel forms the Brussels Health Campus together with the Vrije Universiteit Brussel and Erasmushogeschool Brussel. This campus, located between exit 9 of the Brussels ring road and the Laarbeek forest, also includes a daycare (according to K&G system), childcare during the vacations, an elementary school and a fitness center.
- Additional information about this vacancy can be obtained by calling Dr. Van Eetvelde at +32 2 476 33 51.
- Interested persons should send a written application before 15/04/2023 with cover letter and extensive curriculum vitae to:
- UZ - Brussels
- J. Schots - head physician
- Laarbeeklaan 101
- 1090 Brussel
- You can apply via the application link below. Please use the appropriate application form which you can download here.